Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science are more than just buzzwords in the field of technology these days. These two relatively old concepts (but new implementations every other day) have ushered in a silent technological revolution that has been transforming various domains such as healthcare, education, finance, entertainment, etc, and have the potential to affect many more sectors. But what exactly are AI and Data Science, and how can you pursue a career in them?
In this blog, we try to answer this question by exploring the B.Tech in AI and Data Science course that has risen in popularity at B Tech colleges in Maharashtra and elsewhere in recent years.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) is an old concept of sentient machines that emerged in science fiction decades ago. Today, it is a branch of computer science that is taught at the best engineering colleges in Solapur and elsewhere and trains computers to perform tasks such as speech recognition, image analysis, natural language processing, etc., imitating human brains and reasoning.
Data Science, on the other hand, is an interdisciplinary field that uses scientific methods, algorithms, and other tools to extract insights from structured and unstructured data.
B.Tech in AI and Data Science: Overview
A B.Tech in AI and Data Science is a four-year undergraduate degree program that aims to provide students with theoretical, practical, and technical knowledge of both AI and Data Science, which share their origins in the much broader field of computer science.
For more information about this course at B Tech colleges in Maharashtra and other states in India, check out the table below.
|Course Name||Bachelor of Technology in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science|
|Mode of Examination||Semester System|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Admission Process||Merit-based or entrance exam|
|Popular Entrance Exams||JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MHT CET, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, COMEDK, KCET, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 1 – 10 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 4 – 6 LPA|
Benefits of B.Tech in AI and Data Science
The benefits of pursuing a B.Tech in AI and Data Science at best B Tech colleges in Maharashtra and elsewhere are manifold. For example, you will:
- Learn all about the fundamentals and applications of AI and Data Science from experienced faculty and industry experts.
- Get exposure to various tools and platforms such as Python, R, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc. that are widely used in the industry.
- Get hands-on experience in solving real-world problems using AI and Data Science techniques through projects, internships, workshops, etc., at engineering colleges in Solapur.
- Get ample opportunities to participate in competitions, hackathons, seminars, webinars, etc., ultimately enhancing your skills and network.
- Have a competitive edge in the job market as AI and Data Science professionals are in high demand across various sectors.
Top Colleges for B.Tech in AI and Data Science
Some of the best B Tech colleges in Maharashtra and the rest of India that offer an undergraduate program in AI and Data Science engineering are:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur
- Terna College of Engineering, Osmanabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi
- Chandigarh University (CU), Chandigarh
The curriculum for an AI and Data Science program may vary slightly from institute to institute. However, some of the common subjects that are taught in this program at B Tech colleges in Maharashtra and elsewhere are:
|Programming Fundamentals||Discrete Mathematics||Linear Algebra|
|Calculus||Probability and Statistics||Data Structures and Algorithms|
|Database Management Systems||Operating Systems||Computer Networks|
|Software Engineering||Object-Oriented Programming||Python Programming|
|R Programming||Machine Learning||Deep Learning|
|Artificial Neural Networks||Convolutional Neural Networks||Recurrent Neural Networks|
|Natural Language Processing||Computer Vision||Speech Processing|
|Reinforcement Learning||Data Mining||Data Visualization|
|Data Analytics||Big Data||Cloud Computing|
|Internet of Things||Artificial Intelligence Ethics||Artificial Intelligence Applications|
The career prospects for AI and Data Science graduates from the best B Tech colleges in Maharashtra and elsewhere are bright and promising. For example, graduates of the B Tech in AI and Data Science program from Terna College of Engineering often find work in various roles like the following:
|Job Role||Average Salary|
|AI Engineer||INR 8.7 LPA|
|Data Scientist||INR 12.7 LPA|
|Machine Learning Engineer||INR 8.8 LPA|
|Deep Learning Engineer||INR 8 LPA|
|Natural Language Processing Engineer||INR 10 LPA|
|Computer Vision Engineer||INR 7 LPA|
|Data Analyst||INR 5.7 LPA|
|Data Engineer||INR 9.8 LPA|
|Data Visualization Engineer||INR 11 LPA|
|Business Intelligence Analyst||INR 7.8 LPA|
|Big Data Engineer||INR 9.6 LPA|
|Cloud Engineer||INR 6.9 LPA|
|IoT Engineer||INR 2.8 LPA|
The scope of these graduates is also pretty good as they can also pursue higher studies such as M.Tech, MS, or PhD in AI and Data Science or related fields at B Tech colleges in Solapur or elsewhere. Graduates from B Tech colleges in Maharashtra or other states can also opt for certification courses, online or offline, to upgrade their skills and knowledge.
B.Tech in AI and Data Science is a comprehensive program that equips students with the skills and knowledge to excel in the fields of AI and Data Science, which, if experts are to be believed, have a major role in shaping the future. Thus, pursuing an AI and Data Science course at B Tech colleges in Maharashtra or other states can lead to a rewarding and challenging career that offers immense opportunities for growth and innovation.
If you are passionate about AI and Data Science and want to be a part of the technological wave that is causing major changes in the world, then pursuing a B.Tech in AI and Data Science from one of the best engineering colleges for BTech in Maharashtra may be the right choice for you.
1. Will AI take my job?
No, at least not yet. While AI chatbots have gotten very good at imitating human writing and speech patterns these days, they still have a long way to go before they can replace human jobs completely. Right now, AI can be a great tool to make your work more efficient.
2. Who are some of the top recruiters of AI and Data Science BTech graduates?
Some of the top recruiters of BTech AI and Data Science graduates are Google, KPMG, Deloitte, Microsoft, Nvidia, TCL, Facebook, etc.
3. Which entrance test does Terna College of Engineering accept?
Terna College of Engineering accepts the marks obtained in the MHT CET for admission to its BTech courses, including the AI and Data Science program.
4. Can I become a Prompt Engineer with a BTech in AI and Data Science?
Yes, you can become a Prompt Engineer with a BTech in AI and Data Science.