erms of use (also known as terms and conditions, commonly abbreviated as TOS or ToS, ToU or T&C) are the legal agreements between a service provider and a person who wants to use that service. The person must agree to abide by the terms of service in order to use the offered service. Terms of service can also be merely a disclaimer, especially regarding the use of websites.
- The purpose of the service
- The types of content that are allowed and prohibited
- The user’s responsibilities
- The service provider’s rights and obligations
- Dispute resolution
- Governing law
- Look for important terms: Pay attention to terms like “intellectual property,” “user conduct,” “privacy,” “liability,” and “dispute resolution.”