In the world of education, teachers are always looking for new ways to engage and motivate their students. One popular tool that has gained popularity recently is Blooket. It is an educational game platform that allows teachers to create and customize games for their students. This article will discuss everything you need to know about it including how to get started, its features, and how to use it to enhance learning.
What is Blooket?
It is an educational game platform that allows teachers to create games for their students. It is a web-based platform that is on any device with an internet connection— games for any subject area and to be fun and engaging for students.
How does it work?
It works by allowing teachers to create games and students to play them. Teachers can create games that cover any subject area, and they can customize the games to fit their specific needs. Students can play the games individually or in teams and compete against each other to earn points.
To get started, you will need to create an account. You can do this by visiting the website and clicking the “Sign Up” button. Once you have created an account, you can start creating games.
Creating a game
Creating a game is easy. To do this, you will need to log in to your account and click the “Create” button. You can choose from various game templates or create your own game from scratch. Once you have created your game, you can customize it by adding questions, images, and videos.
It has many features that make it a great educational game platform. Some of these features include:
- Customizable game templates
- A library of images and videos
- A variety of question types
- The ability to create teams
- The ability to track student progress
- The ability to assign games as homework
Using Blooket in the Classroom
It is used in the classroom in a variety of ways. Some of these ways include:
- Review sessions
- Formative assessment
- Differentiated instruction
- Reward systems
- Team building
Blooket vs. other educational game platforms
Blooket is just one of many educational game platforms available to teachers. Some of the other popular platforms include Kahoot, Quizlet, and Gimkit. While each platform has unique features and is known for its customizable game templates and ability to track student progress.
- Choose the right game template for your subject area
- Use various question types
- Include images and videos to make the game more engaging
- Encourage students to work in teams
- Assign games as homework to reinforce learning
Blooket is a great tool for remote learning as it allows teachers to create engaging games that students can play from their own devices. Here are some ways to use it for remote learning:
- Create games based on your lesson content
- Encourage students to play the games together
- Use for formative assessment
- Assign games as homework
- Track student progress
Allows teachers to create games that can meet the needs of individual students.
- Create games at different difficulty levels: Allows you to create games with different difficulty levels, which can be particularly useful for students who may need extra support or need to. Teachers can create games with different levels of complexity, allowing students to work at their own pace and level.
- Provide targeted feedback: Blooket allows teachers to provide targeted feedback to individual students, helping them to identify areas where they may need extra support and guiding them toward resources that can help them improve.
- Use to reinforce key concepts: Blooket can be a fun and engaging way to reinforce key concepts, particularly for students struggling with certain topics. Teachers can create games that focus on specific concepts or skills, providing students with targeted practice and support.
- Encourage collaboration and teamwork: Allows students to work in teams, which can be particularly useful for differentiated instruction. Students can work together to solve problems and answer questions, providing each other with support and feedback.
It is a useful tool for formative assessment, allowing teachers to assess students’ understanding of key concepts and skills in real time. Here are some ways to use it for formative assessment:
- Create games based on lesson content: Blooket allows you to create games based on the content covered in class. The teachers can use these games to assess students’ understanding of key concepts and skills, providing teachers with valuable insights into student learning.
- Use to monitor student progress: Allows teachers to monitor student progress in real time, providing valuable data on student learning and engagement. Teachers can use this information to adjust their instruction and provide targeted support to individual students.
- Use for quick check-ins: It can be used for quick check-ins, allowing teachers to assess student understanding in a fun and engaging way. Teachers can use it to assess whether students grasp key concepts and adjust their instruction quickly.
- Provide feedback to individual students: Allows teachers to provide feedback to individual students, helping them to identify areas where they may need extra support and guidance. This can be particularly useful for formative assessment, as it allows teachers to provide targeted feedback to individual students in real time.
Blooket for review sessions
It is an excellent tool for review sessions, providing teachers with a fun and engaging way to help students review key concepts and skills. Here are some ways to use it for review sessions:
- Create games that cover previous content: Allows teachers to create games that cover previous content, allowing students to review key concepts and skills fun and engagingly. The teachers can use these to review previous unit content or prepare for upcoming assessments.
- Use for peer-to-peer review: It allows students to work together in teams, making it an ideal tool for peer-to-peer review. Teachers can create games that require students to work together to solve problems and answer questions, allowing them to review content while collaborating with their peers.
- Incorporate multimedia: Allows teachers to incorporate multimedia into their games, providing students with a more engaging and interactive experience. Teachers can use images, videos, and audio files to help students review content in various formats.
- Use to gamify review sessions: Blooket games can be gamified, making review sessions more engaging and motivating for students. Teachers can create games that include points, rewards, and other incentives, providing students with a fun and competitive way to review key concepts and skills.
Blooket is a great tool for creating reward systems in the classroom, as it allows teachers to create games that provide students with a fun and engaging way to earn rewards.
- Create games that award points
- Use for class-wide rewards
- Use for individual rewards
- Use to reinforce positive behavior
Blooket is a great tool for team building in the classroom, as it allows teachers to create games that require collaboration and communication between students. Here are some ways to use:
- Create team-based games
- Use to facilitate group discussions
- Encourage peer-to-peer teaching
- Promote problem-solving skills
It is a versatile and engaging platform in various ways to support teaching and learning. Whether for formative assessment, review sessions, differentiated instruction, remote learning, reward systems, or team building and offers a range of features and tools to meet the needs of students and teachers. With its game-based approach, it provides an innovative and interactive way to engage students and promote learning. By leveraging power, teachers can create a fun and dynamic learning environment that supports student success and achievement.
What is Blooket?
It is a game-based learning platform that allows teachers to create and play games with their students to support teaching and learning.
How can we used in the classroom?
It can be used for various purposes in the classroom, including formative assessment, review sessions, differentiated instruction, remote learning, reward systems, and team building.
Is it free to use?
Yes, It is free to use for both teachers and students.
Can Blooket be used in remote or online learning environments?
Yes, It is a great tool for remote or online learning from anywhere with an internet connection.
How can it promote student engagement and motivation?
It offers an engaging and interactive approach to learning, with game-based activities that can capture students’ attention and motivation. Using Blooket, teachers can make learning more fun and engaging, leading to increased student participation and motivation.
Can it be used for all subjects and grade levels?
Yes, It can be for various subjects and grade levels. Teachers can customize their games to fit the specific needs of their students and subject matter.
Are there any safety or privacy concerns?
Blooket takes the safety and privacy of its users very seriously and provides a range of security measures to protect student data and privacy. Teachers should ensure that they follow best practices for online safety and privacy when using any digital tools in the classroom.